Thursday, February 7, 2013

Job hunt: Manager Mike

Hi, I'm Mike and I'm finishing up an MIS degree and I'm looking for a job!
Hi Mike, are you familiar with our core technical job roles?
No, I guess I'm not.
No problem. We have software development and test, which are fairly self-explanatory titles. We also have a role called program manager. It's a bit ironically named because
I'm really interested in that program manager job! I've taken some business classes in management.
Well Mike, it's not a 'manager' job. The title's a bit of a misnomer. As a friend of mine once said, you neithe program, nor manage.
No I definitely want to be a manager.
Mike, it's more about providing the vision for the consumer. How will things work, what other things should it interact with? What experiences are there?
Yeah, put me down for the manager job.
Ok Mike, nice talking to you.

No comments: