Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lost interview

With Google in preparation for finishing grad school (fall 2005 or so).

I hadn't actually been particularly interested, but I went to a technical talk at the UofA. During the talk I made some comments and the speaker (a VP at the Tempe office) told me I should apply. So I did. He had me shake hands with the site director and their head of HR. I got pinged later that day, at which point I added that I'd be most interested in their Seattle area office.

They offered to pass my info to their Kirkland office with a letter of reference (to ensure I wasn't a random) and told me I'd hear from them shortly. I still haven't heard back.

Just for kicks, I applied online. Twice. Both times I was politely told I wasn't good enough for them.

Ironically, I can now barely get them to leave me alone. Perhaps I should remind them of this fact next time ...

No comments: