Thursday, February 7, 2013

Job hunt: Timmy Teamwork

Hi, I'm Tim. So I'm looking for a job.
And we're looking to hire people, so let's talk!
Oh cool. Umm, here's my resume.
I see here you were in an objective oriented design course last semester. Tell me about your major project in there.
We wrote this game that's like a tic-tac-toe game but it's 3D. We did that in a team.
Ah yes, Qubic. I had that same project back in the day. So tell me what part of it you worked on.
Well, I did some of the networking, and I worked on the views.
Ok, so tell me about some of the difficulties you ran into and what you did.
Well, ... oh, so javax.swing was kinda hard to figure out, but then we got together as a team and figured it out.
Uhh, ok, tell me about how your program was architected.
Well, we got together as a team and did some UML diagrams and then implemented that.
Can you tell me abot specific decisions you made?
Well, it was really a team effort.
Tim, I mean, can you tell me about some of the design patterns you used?
Oh, we used model-view-controller, and singleton, and I think a flyweight.
Where in the program did you apply those? Tell me concrete components and how they fit into the design patterns.
Well, there was the model... and then the view shows that model.
[You're killing me, show me you understand the project you worked on]. So were there any features that you wanted to implement that you didn't get around to?
No, I'm really happy with what we accomplished. We got it done.
[Fail. There's always something else you could want to add]. How about anything that you wish you'd done differentlt?
No, I think we worked as a team and really got everything working well.
Thank you Tim. It's been nice talking to you.

No comments: